MediumAlbumen Print; Mounted
Dimensions9 × 7 in. (22.9 × 17.8 cm)
Object number2000.100.3894
Institutional Credit LineCourtesy of the New Bedford Whaling Museum
DescriptionA group photo of 15 men presumably outside of the building they are employed at. Along with the image is a typewritten note "Excerpt from history of New Bedford published by the Board of Trade. Charles F. Folger, manufacturer of cabinets, easels, brackets, and screens, started business in 1884 and occupies the entire three story factory, Nos. 133, 135, and 137 South Water Street. He employs between fifteen and twenty skillful workmen and makes wood mantels and sideboards to order. He is also prepared to fit offices and do general inside finishing for stores and halls, and wood turning and jig sawing as well. Mr. Folger has a salesroom at No. 264 Canal Street, New York city, and J.P. Howatt acts as his general agent." There is a sticker on the back naming frame arrangements by E.B. Chase & Co. at 214 to 218 Union, Corner Fifth Street and duplicates can be requested through F.A. Rice, Group and View Publisher, New Bedford, Mass.On View
Not on view1725-1960

