Artist/Maker
Goode, Ned
MediumNegative, Acetate
Dimensions5 × 7 in. (12.7 × 17.8 cm)
Object number2000.100.2751.56a
Institutional Credit LineCourtesy of the New Bedford Whaling Museum
DescriptionPhotograph of the organ loft in the First Unitarian Church. The initial construction of the First Unitarian Church on the corner of County and Union and Union and Eighth Streets began in 1838, though the movement toward a more liberal christian theology for a congregation began much earlier. In 1823, under Orville Dewey, the North Congregational Church became Unitarian, eventually taking up residence in the new building designed by architect Alexander Jackson Davis.
On View
Not on view
