Corporate Name
Acushnet.
MediumSilver Gelatin Print
Dimensions3 3/4 × 4 3/4 in. (9.5 × 12.1 cm)
Object number2000.100.1392
Institutional Credit LineCourtesy of the New Bedford Whaling Museum
DescriptionRussell House. Allen Russell bought the Wm. Spooner Farm in 1866. Situated 1/2 mile north of Lund's Corner, on west side. It was sold May 1924. House burned down in the night July 16, 1926. John A. Russell and Allen Russell lived there more then fifty years. Maria L. (Pope) Russell lived there twenty-six years. The old shed was torn down in 1894. John and Allen Russell sold some sixty acres to New Bedford for the "Pine Grove Cemetary". The 12 1/2 acres left sold in 1924.On View
Not on view1725-1960
1745-1925
1896/01/31
1771

